Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Volvo Recall 181 on 2003-2004 V70 : Fuel Pressure Sensor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#11 Tzantushka

Tzantushka

Hardcore R

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:24 PM

I am having mine done next Tuesday. I just called and made an appointment and I am not currently having a problem.

Doug,

I've had a quick search - is this a USA & CAN & LHD related recall only?
No one seems to know about it at home back in AUS...

Thx
Trent

#12 defgh1

defgh1

R Guru

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,285 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:22 AM

Doug,

I've had a quick search - is this a USA & CAN & LHD related recall only?
No one seems to know about it at home back in AUS...

Thx
Trent

Typically Recalls are US based because the NHTSA has the authority to direct Auto manufacture to perform a recall. I do not know if CAN, Europe & AUS have similar Government organizations. Many times an Auto manufacture will voluntarily perform a Recall to avoid being directed by NHTSA in order to not have an official record of the problem. Since this is a Service Manager Bulletin it appears it is a Volvo voluntary recall by VCNA in the US which may or may not be applicable to other countries. B)

Doug H

#13 defgh1

defgh1

R Guru

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,285 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

Had the recall done at Herb Gordon Volvo yesterday, loaner car was provided, free car wash and everything was no charge. :lol:

Service ticket reads:

Perform Recall #181-Fuel Pressure Sensor
Recall Completed

983706-3 Cable Tie 1
30756097-9 Pressure Sensor

Doug H

#14 TheSomberlain

TheSomberlain

Newbie R

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:31 PM

Well I just got this recall done on an 03 V70...after losing power while doing 70mph on the highway. "worst case scenario" aye volvo. My servive ticket reads "Recall 181 complete, replaced MAP sensor, reset codes."

Why the difference here from what others have had replaced? It's the correct recall notice (I showed a copy of the recall bulletin to the confused service rep), is this just another term for the fuel pressure sensor and related ties? BTW this is a V70 i took in, not a v70R....is that the difference?

Oh they also politely informed me , "well we're not scheduling any new appointments until the 30th" To which I of course replied, just as politely ;) that I was not there to make an appointment....

2 hrs later I had a done job.

Erik

#15 defgh1

defgh1

R Guru

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,285 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:39 AM

My official recall letter showed up yesterday. Fortunately, I already had it taken care of at Herb Gordon Volvo.

Doug H

#16 Spencer

Spencer

Addicted to R

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

I went to my dealer this morning to get the recall performed. I called for the appointment 4 days ago. When I arrived, I was told that they don't have the recalled part and claim that there is now a national backorder for the replacement part. Of course, they were too lazy to call me and tell me this, so I wasted my morning for nothing.

Call your dealer and verify that they have the part in stock before you go in.

#17 Spencer

Spencer

Addicted to R

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:57 PM

UPDATE:

My dealer just called to apologize. The new part that they said was on back order was for the non-turbo engines. The part for our cars is available and they had it in stock. Back I go on Monday.

#18 TheMillionaire

TheMillionaire

Newbie R

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:48 AM

Another recall for defective volvo parts... an honest mistake

Edited by TheMillionaire, 24 August 2007 - 12:50 AM.

#19 68GT500KR

68GT500KR

Seriously R

• Benefactors
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:29 PM

More Information: NOTE: ENGINE CODE 52 is the R engine

"Reference Bulletin SMB 23-181, TNN 23-181

etc. etc. etc.

NOTE: NOT ALL VEHICLES WITHIN THE CHASSIS LIMITATIONS ABOVE ARE AFFECTED. RETAILER MUST CONFIRM VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY IN VRC2 PRIOR TO BEGINING RECALL REPAIRS"

Interestingly, my service guy has said my car is covered by the recall but the system is not accepting it as one that needs it. He has all the paperwork and is not sure why it is not accepting mine. Hopefully I can write back with some good news soon.

#20 sergioquiej

sergioquiej

Seriously R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:40 PM

i was having a bunch of misfire codes and a cel for fuel pressure sensor.i brought up the recall which they knew nothing of and after looking into it they said the R's are not part of this. i tried arguing but since i was getting my trunk wiring harness replaced under VIP i got a new sensor for free anyway.the message thing said my trunk was open when it clearly was not. they ripped out the hole harness and found a wire had been worn through at the bend point. part 8645685-2 121.51$ for anybody this happens to. the pressure sensor is part 30756097-9 192.59usd. it would be simple for a DIY. remove the air box and a couple of the screws in the plug cover. the sensor is on the side there. one clip and bingo. if you wanted the easiest but more work would be to remove the charge pipe, then the cover for easy access.car definitely drives better under acceleration now.

My car is been having the same symptems and i took it to volvo today. they told me that my car does not qualify for the recall... i am pissed! the car dies without warning in the highway... the tech said that it could be the main computer... can it be true? i'm looking for some answers to what the problem could be.... please help...! let me know if you had the same problem at the dealer and how it was resolved...thanx :o :angry: :angry:

Typically Recalls are US based because the NHTSA has the authority to direct Auto manufacture to perform a recall. I do not know if CAN, Europe & AUS have similar Government organizations. Many times an Auto manufacture will voluntarily perform a Recall to avoid being directed by NHTSA in order to not have an official record of the problem. Since this is a Service Manager Bulletin it appears it is a Volvo voluntary recall by VCNA in the US which may or may not be applicable to other countries. :) Doug H

What other thing can be wrong if the pressure sensor is not the problem? they told me at the dealership that it can be the ecm... you crazy i said... that's a big one..!let me know of any other problems that can cause this power loss and shut off of the engine..