Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLANT

Noise back\rear left of car? Wire loose? RHD

6 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I have noticed a thud or unusual sound from the back\rear left of car in my RHD car at about 60-80kmhs and also turning left it increases?

The tyres are inflated correctly and underneath looks fine.

I did notice a loose\hanging "wire connection" at the very back in between the bumper and the car shell(directly behind the mud guard.....seems to be hanging there and not sure is dislodged from correct position but I don't think it is the cause of the noise.

There is no lights on dash or error codes, no shudder or performance changes just a noise that  sounds "doof doof"...not the normal outside wind noise and the windows are up\radio off.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Mechanic says it's tyre noise...which I have not had with same tyres before?

Mentioned rear sway bar but he says it's not making a noise that he expects.

I showed him drivers seat belt that he said unroadworthy to sell but not an issue at moment to keep using.

Rang Volvo here and they want $393AU for a new one as comes with pre-tensioner in a kit :( 

So getting Drivers Side Seat belt...the part here cost $400AU

Is the following normal for the base of the area of the seatbelt...that grey plastic square?

Seatbelt Base.png

So back to my back left rear tyre noise.....

Definitely 55-80kms\hr seems the internet says most likely tyres but they are pilot 3 and last set never made this train track noise?

Think only 40k on them.....

Have rotated tyres

Next is to have someone drive behind to see if any thing looks odd.... Feeling no different in steering wheel.....