Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
olfac87

Gear Shift Modification? (Manual)

5 posts in this topic

'07 V70R 6 speed manual. At the risk of incurring wrath from the great forum members here, has anyone ever added a leather gear shift boot to their manual transmission? I have always liked the look and feel of a "gear bag" around the stick shift, and find the silver ball with tapered arm somewhat visually unpleasant. I realize this is a unique feature to the R and I've lived with it for about 4 years now. I was just curious if anyone else had tried to add a leather boot. Thank you.

I've seen pictures of a few over the years. I don't think it would be hard to add, might even be able to keep the space ball in tact and put the leather over it. Pop the shifter plate and you'll see what I mean.

18 hours ago, Ihatespeedbumps said:

I've seen pictures of a few over the years. I don't think it would be hard to add, might even be able to keep the space ball in tact and put the leather over it. Pop the shifter plate and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks for the reply. Nice to know it may be feasible. I will take a look underneath the shifter plate.

glm409 - thank you for finding this post. It is really helpful.