rolsevo

2004 R wobble between 50 and 80.

6 posts in this topic

Hi, just bought a V70r and noticed it wobbles/vibrating feeling in car between 50 and 80. It's an auto and when put in neutral or let of pedal it stops. Any ideas guys.

cheers

Currently experiencing same symptom. I think 3 possible issues - wheel bearing, worn CV joints, engine mounts. 

I suspect cv joints on my car. Hope to lift it today to inspect. 

Vibration when under load, gets worse if turning left. Comes on around 50mph, peaks around 70, seams to vary in intensity. 

On 3/3/2017 at 1:56 PM, LUDWIG9773 said:

Currently experiencing same symptom. I think 3 possible issues - wheel bearing, worn CV joints, engine mounts. 

I suspect cv joints on my car. Hope to lift it today to inspect. 

thats my first thought.  Do you have a manual?

Car is an automatic. On lift I identified the lower torque arm mount was shot. But that did not seam to be the issue. Did not see any smoking gun regarding bearings or axles. Last week vibration got steadily worse where it was scary accelerating through 60. Above 70 it was smooth. Yesterday I got both left and right axles - cheapie remanufactured ones. I had decided that passenger side was worse, so I replaced that side. Wheel off I saw the inner boot was torn. Removal was straight forward - I removed the bolts securing the knuckle to the strut - and install of the new was easy. Maybe 1 hour in the driveway. Old axle was a floppy mess. Car drove super smooth. So happy. Then I took it to the local tire store to fix the alignment I messed up. Got it back today. Neighborhood ride home was smooth and quiet. Looking forward to 45 mile highway commute tomorrow. I returned the driver side replacement. We'll cross that bridge when it's time. Next time, I would try to remove the ball joint to avoid messing the alignment, but alignment was due anyway.