andrewt2323

V70R/S60R brakes

11 posts in this topic

I drive both a 2005 V70R and a 2005 S60R.  Both are in need of brake pads (front and rear) and front rotors.  What is a good combination of components these days for a fairly aggressive driver?  Thanks

I can recomend brake pads from Posi quiet, have it on my x40. not so expencive and works great! 

Brembo/OEM (brembo is a better price) rotors and akebono pads is a pretty solid set up. WAY less dust then OEM pads and still have a good bite to them 

I was looking at Brembo, since the calipers are Brembo.  However, they are not slotted or drilled, which theoretically should help with cooling and therefore braking, as well as moving the dust away.  I don't have an unlimited budget, but I am willing to spend a little more if it will make my Brembo brakes work even better.  Has anyone tried any aftermarket rotors that they recommend over the oem units?

I went with yellow stuff EBC pads.. kinda like oem prices... not sure if they are better than the oem's due to that fact that my suspension is shot as probably the rest of my 06V70R  ( long story)