Bpc576

ARD lightweight CRANK PULLEY

13 posts in this topic

anyone used ARDs pulley? i heard good things about it but other pulleys on WRX forums and such have gotten some bad feedback because it looses the dampening of the stock harmonic balancer and causes bearing issues. if anyone is running this pulley it would be great to hear from you. the positives and negatives.

No issues. There points probably hold some merit, there is no rubber on this thing and weighs like a 1/4 of the OE pulley. The only "negative" reports in the volvo community I've read is of it slipping, which I believe is more people installing it backwards. Having installed it backwards myself it isn't in line with the others and would slip eventually.

did you guys notice any driving improvement?

4 hours ago, TEEKAY said:

No issues. There points probably hold some merit, there is no rubber on this thing and weighs like a 1/4 of the OE pulley. The only "negative" reports in the volvo community I've read is of it slipping, which I believe is more people installing it backwards. Having installed it backwards myself it isn't in line with the others and would slip eventually.

Just now, Bpc576 said:

did you guys notice any driving improvement?

4 hours ago, TEEKAY said:

Did you guys notice any driving benefit?

Dude we already covered this on VS, I'm ol dirty noodle btw, this thing is a useless gimmick, especially for a barely modified car like yours, I got it for free to do a review, pretty much the only reason it's on the car, spend your $ elsewhere 

The only performance gain seems to be placebo, maybe from stop there is more jump for that first second. Similar performance gains from the the lower poly mounts which weren't worth the vibration at idle.

ok noodle, where would you then recommend investing a little money into the car to give it a little more lower end power? exhaust? its got that cat direct off of turbo. im in texas so i cant really do anything with that. but i could free up the rest of the system. i could also drop in a 14t turbo i guess as well.

9 hours ago, 33647_1450202331 said:

Dude we already covered this on VS, I'm ol dirty noodle btw, this thing is a useless gimmick, especially for a barely modified car like yours, I got it for free to do a review, pretty much the only reason it's on the car, spend your $ elsewhere 

ok noodle, where would you then recommend investing a little money into the car to give it a little more lower end power? exhaust? its got that cat direct off of turbo. im in texas so i cant really do anything with that. but i could free up the rest of the system. i could also drop in a 14t turbo i guess as well.

59 minutes ago, Bpc576 said:

3" catless turboback, you shouldn't have an issue in TX, nowhere near as strict as NY and all those bro trucks and diesels out there are catless 14T turbo and mbc is as good as it's gonna get in the states

On 10/30/2016 at 7:00 PM, 33647_1450202331 said:

3" catless turboback, you shouldn't have an issue in TX, nowhere near as strict as NY and all those bro trucks and diesels out there are catless 14T turbo and mbc is as good as it's gonna get in the states

can you run the 14t and still see benefits without running larger injectors or a boost controller? just dropping it in?

i have a 2000 s40. every few days it throws a TPS code and a MAP sensor code. however ive replaced the tps sensor and on my OBD2 scan gauge it shows that the MAP is sitting in normal pressure zones. could it be a bad MAF sensor? throwing off both the throttle and MAP codes?

i cant figure it out! any advice would be great