Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shredder

Why is Cold Air Intake So Loud on S/V40?

9 posts in this topic

So I put my cold air intake back on a few weeks ago. I have the Eurosport Tuning one. I have helped various friends install CAI's on all types of cars/trucks (turbo, non-turbo) and none of them come close to being as loud as the intake on my 2004 V40. Here is a video for reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hZ0VGp6uXM

In the video I am barely touching the pedal, all the windows are shut, and I am going around 40-45mph. Everyone who hears my car from the outside or rides in it is blown away by the noise. I had my brother drive by me and it is hysterical. 

Is there any reason it is so loud compared to other vehicles with similar layouts? 

That sounds nice! Can't wait until mine is hooked up!

They're definitely loud.  I had a guy in the neighborhood that was walking his dog yell "SLOW DOWN"  when i was pulling away from a stop sign,  was maybe going 15mph.  

Haha classic! The only downside in my opinion is that I seem to get 5-10% less MPG's with CAI installed. I'm assuming its because the air fuel ratio gets manipulated. Need a tune, if only it was easier/cheaper with these cars!