33647_1450202331

Noodle Swap

227 posts in this topic

Also make sure I can't stress this enough, BRAND NEW RMS, Slave Cylinder, Axle Seals, Lock Clips and after what I just went through probably a good idea to go brand new with the master cylinder to

well your RMS is between the engine and transmission, if/when it does go its very expensive as the transmission has to be removed, so why not replace it for $20 while the gearbox is off, same goes for the slave, its inside the gearbox and they do fail so again it might as well be replaced, if you're not going single mass flyhweel it can't be resurfaced and once again is an expensive part and requires the gearbox/clutch to be removed, clutch is just a no brainer, if you get a early gearbox you can use the 850R clutch and an 850 flywheel, if you get the later style you can get a SM flywheel from either Viva or Kalamar Union and use the stock S60R clutch, my master cylinder failed after a week apparently they don't like being dried out and shipped, it seems to be a pretty common failure on the Euro boards to otherwise you might end up pulling it apart or worse yet paying someone to pull it apart a second time not too long after install

Hey Noodle! Congrats on the swap. Havne't been on here in a while. You guys are doing amazing things!

Some questions for you.

How much did it cost you for all the parts ?

How long did it take total ?

Did you CEL eventually turn on?

Would you do it for me if I fly you down to cali? Seriously lol

Hey dude it took way longer than it should of due to the clutch issue and and then the RMS leak, and then the master cylinder failing, finished in July drove it a few days then the master cylinder went. As for the cost I honestly can say I'm in over $2500 and thats just parts, I did all the work myself, sans the attempted hub swap on the 850R clutch, flywheel resurfacing and having the brake pedal modded. Prob even over $3k especially with shipping on the parts from Europe, and the things I used bought brand new, but I was able to sell/return some of the incorrect and unuseable parts. The CEL is turned off by using to VIDA/DICE to download a stock manual tune and flash it on to your ECU, my CEL turned on the second time I started the car after the swap.

Update, now running an 850 SMF with 850R pressure plate and Sachs SD693 disc which is for a ford probe and is identical in all ways to the 850R disc but has the 23x1 spline for the later M56s and M66s. Babying it for now til the break in period is done, also my shifter bushings are shot need to find some solid ones but for now other than that it feels great

the disc

A7BD8C22-6F15-4757-8816-72FBF416C6C3_zpsbiwenkgv.jpg

Update, now running an 850 SMF with 850R pressure plate and Sachs SD693 disc which is for a ford probe and is identical in all ways to the 850R disc but has the 23x1 spline for the later M56s and M66s. Babying it for now til the break in period is done, also my shifter bushings are shot need to find some solid ones but for now other than that it feels great

Nice! I'll be waiting for the holy bible of trans swap my friend.

Congrats :)