Sute

Sute Edition V40 2.0T

360 posts in this topic

Nothing much new over here. Just cruising around some brake in driving.

Gonna hit the dyno on coming thursday. Mechanic wise the engine has worked fine, but I have serious doubts if the ignition system is able to provide proper ignition power to reach reasonable numbers. I will change the spark plug wires to Accel race ones if that would sort things out, since I´ve got some missfires on high rpm / load.

So seeing as your tach needle is clearly going past 8k do you know what your actual revs are?

Sure I do, Vipec ECU reads rpm correctly. On that pull it was about 8800 rpms. The stock meter is not really reliable past 8k.

Haven´t had time to hit a dyno session, but went to a test&tune event at airfield.

Mild boost (1,7 bar) and conservative ignition advance combined with bad driving resulted 276 kph @ 1 mile acceleration. Lacking app. 150 horses with that boost. Probably more aggressive ignition, bit leaner fuel (now 12 AFR) and cam tuning would help. Basically very mild increase in speed at 5th gear. The car will be tuned to app 3 bar boost some day. Good to find the engine is finally working mechanically.

Edited by Sute

A dyno sheet from yesterday. The whole session was filled with missfires and wasn´t able to make constant dynopulls to verify changes. The output was 660 hp at crank with 2.2 bar boost and a bit too rich mixture. A missfire in that pull occured also at the top putting a stop to the pull. Gotta sort out the missfire issues in order to get constant pull to tune fuel, boost, cam timing and ignition. 700 hp with 2.2 bar should be doable easy. Looking to 2.8 - 3.0 bar boost range once the missfire issues are solved.

Scan0001_zpscd77ffb0.jpg

Edited by Sute

What´s up over here? Nothing much new, installed Autronic 500R CDI + new CDI coils during late summer and misfires are gone. Hope finally get the car tuned properly. Missfires really caused some headache in this sense.

New plans? Yes, planned to buy this kinda intake manifold:

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/home/turbo-plenum/jenvey-dynamics/turbo-plenum-sm-70mm-inlet-apsc-70

That´s very expensive piece of stuff though, let´s see if this comes true. With all the neseccary asessories that´s worth at least of 1.800 bucks.

Also planned to buy a new turbo, maybe something from Precision or Turbonetics scene:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Precision-7275-CEA-Billet-Turbo-/140762842021?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20c61e83a5&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbonetics-T-Series-7575-BILLET-75mm-96-a-r-Polished-Ball-Bearing-Turbo-/261335554159?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cd8d0186f&vxp=mtr

And some off topic. This site is practically dead. Any idea to merge this to general Volvospeed site?

Cannot link any pictures to this topic/ site from photobucket. Is that due to photobucket, me or this site.. :huh:? .

Edited by Sute

When does it start to build boost? :)

I think around 5000 rpm we're seeing some positive signs. 5600-5700 rpms is perhaps the threshold for efficient boost.

Rather good for this size of an engine, higher static compression (10:2) is of a help in my case.. ;)