vulvas40t4

Volvo S40 T4 with Holset for 2011 season!!!

503 posts in this topic

Standing mile run 1608m and very hot weather +25'C. At the start 40'C intake temp and in the end 70C which made A/F to go about 11a/f when normally its 12a/f. That took some power off. Also about 1.9bar boost.

0-280km/h was result measured with radar and with GPS 285km/h.

Video:

GPS 10hz data:

MailiAcceleration.jpg

Edited by vulvas40t4

Since when 25 degrees of Celsius is hot?? You were complaining on cold weather just a few days ago, no traction etc., now you're complaining about hot weather? In Croatia, hot weather is 35+ degrees (these days), but car still pulls like a bull :D. Crank up that turbo, you're still in a vacuum with 1.9b :P.

Since when 25 degrees of Celsius is hot?? You were complaining on cold weather just a few days ago, no traction etc., now you're complaining about hot weather? In Croatia, hot weather is 35+ degrees (these days), but car still pulls like a bull :D. Crank up that turbo, you're still in a vacuum with 1.9b :P.

So far highest rated top speed among frequent visitors in this forum though.. ;)

That's true. But still, 25 degrees C is hot? C'mon :lol:.

Heh in finland 25C is hot and 30C is hell. :) Mikkeki with 750hp had 301km/h speed on this same event 10minutes after my run. Problem in this event was that we had to wait long time in line and that caused intake temp to rise high on start. 70C is too much and main problem was that i had not tested this setup on that hot and that long pull and a/f was too rich and that eated some power. My best 100-200km/h is normally 7.0s and now it was 7.9s.

How big intercooler you have Tcode and what kind of intake temp rise do you have in 1->5gear pull?

I've seen 60+ degrees too on a 1->5 gear WOT pull, but that isn't such a big deal running on E85. Also, it's much safer than running high MAT/high boost on a pump gas.

Don't know exact core dimensions, but it's quite huge, the biggest I could fit without too much cutting of the chassis. Will measure core dimensions and let you know if you like.

It would be nice Tcode if you have some pictures and dimensions of you intercooler. :) Heres mine standind mile run 4.gear +25C weather vs +6C comparison in intake temp and boost. Boost is 0.1bar lower which makes 17.5hp and intake temp is 35C lower which makes another 17.5hp. So in standing mile i had 35hp less than on street.

So 0.1s lost in every 10km/h because 0.1bar lower boost and 35C higher intake temp.

180km/h 0 s 0 m

190km/h +0,13 s +7,02 m

200km/h +0,19 s +9,86 m

210km/h +0,31 s +16,57 m

220km/h +0,39 s +21,46 m

imulampovskulku.jpg

Edited by vulvas40t4

1782kg without driver... automatic, sunroof, 15'' rim... :(

1863kg with me -_-<_<

Edited by Ninjasixsixsix

Testing TPS based boost limiting to get traction on 3.gear. :) So 0-95% base boost and 95-100% throttle position for full boost...

Yes it was lot of work to fit it in there. :) Now it works nicely and about 2.3-2.5bar boost now and injectors about 75% open E85. Now i just drive nicely because winter is coming and next spring new trip to rototest dyno and hopefully 550hp/600nm on engine. ;) I dropped sparkplug gap from 0.8mm to 0.6mm because there was some light misfires on 2.5bar and after tighter gap it works like a dream with stock T4 wastespark coils and NO CDI...

Edited by vulvas40t4