vulvas40t4

Volvo S40 T4 with Holset for 2011 season!!!

503 posts in this topic

Btw, what wires do you use for sensors so you won't get an interference?

I was having serious rpm drops (to zero).

What filter are those mentioned here?

Btw, what wires do you use for sensors so you won't get an interference?

I was having serious rpm drops (to zero).

That's fine, you shouldn't be worried much, it's because of high sampling rate and resolution of the stand alone unit you're having :lol:.

That's fine, you shouldn't be worried much, it's because of high sampling rate and resolution of the stand alone unit you're having :lol:.

Can we get back to bisness and help each other of us. :) What do you suggest me to do to get cleaner map signal? Im not switching to vems. :)

4.gear 10hz GPS +6'C:

130km/h 0,0s 0m

140km/h 0,75s 28m

150km/h 1,45s 56m

160km/h 2,18s 88m

170km/h 2,89s 120m

180km/h 3,65s 157m

190km/h 4,44s 197m

200km/h 5,37s 248m

210km/h 6,30s 301m

220km/h 7,35s 363m

In 4th gear that's pretty impressive.

No 3rd-4th gear 100-200 video? :)

Yes later. :) Now its too cold roads to get any grip on 3.gear and also worn tyres...

btw, are you using T4's original clutch throw-out bearing?

I just got my clutch back from the balancing. Had it balanced just in case. Starting installing it at the weekend.

You really need some kind of traction control. I'm doing 60 feet 2.01 sec riding some old and poor 195/50/R15 Toyo R888 tires.

You really need some kind of traction control. I'm doing 60 feet 2.01 sec riding some old and poor 195/50/R15 Toyo R888 tires.

You are correct. I could use electric boost controller to get base boost on 1. and 2.gear and full boost 3.4.5. gear. Also my tyres work better when hot like +20'C, now it was +10'C and track was very dirty after winter.

Low 12s should possible. What was your best 402m time and trap speed?

Last year I made 12,26 sec, trap speed unkonown. This year 12,46 with 199 km/h trap speed and 2.01s 60feet. That was on "low boost", 2.2 bar only.

Some action/testing of the high boost today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUMUtH9c1fZFbS3WHIQ1yp_Q&feature=player_detailpage&v=mXk3hIDoaE8

Boost gauge view :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rFB3zMFY8C8

Holy crap it runs nicely on those videos. :) On those videos did you use those R888 tyres to get grip? Do you still have stock intake manifold?

Very very nice. :) Im interested to know how your car makes more power when raising boost and mine does not. We tested on dyno to raise boost from 2.0bar but it did not make any more power and ignition timing did not have eather help.

Your car seems to have same power as mine on 2.2bar boost as mine on 2.0bar. 2.8bar your car seems to have about 600hp on engine.

Do you still have N/A cams and what timing settings on those cams? Whats your injector size and duty cycle on 2.8bar E85? Thanks for answering. :)

We did not test on dyno to adjust exhaust cam to have more overlap, it could be help in my engine because manifold pressure is much lower than intake pressure.

Edited by vulvas40t4

Mine has same behavior on dyno, raising boost and adding ignition wasn't showing expected power rise. But, as you can clearly see, there are some extra ponies under the hood on the road on high boost :). Injectors are 1600 cc/min @3 bar and they are opened almost at 100% DC. I'm using mixture of 80% of the ethanol and 20% of the gasoline. Intake cam is few degrees retarded, exhaust is at 0 position. N/A cams.