studum

What did you do your X40 today?

992 posts in this topic

Boom, they're all in the states,  

http://www.aftermarketsuspensionparts.com/products/mitsubishi_mirage_2001

also check the search for the 40, that's how you'll find the sway bar bushings.  The others are listed under 01 Mirage, and 95-96 Evolution. 

They ship fast as well and don't have crackhead prices.  

oh, and if you order the extra castor front control arm rear bushes they show yellow on the site but when they come they are black poly and match the hardness of the whiteline front lca bushings. 

Looking awesome Teekay!

This evening I finally had some free time and figured out the source of a horrible whining coming from the passenger side of my 2004 V40. Had three mechanics tell me they couldn't hear anything and had one insinuate that I was wasting his time.... So this is a huge relief and I can't wait to show the guy this video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCM4kEzO8uc

22 hours ago, Shredder said:

Looking awesome Teekay!

This evening I finally had some free time and figured out the source of a horrible whining coming from the passenger side of my 2004 V40. Had three mechanics tell me they couldn't hear anything and had one insinuate that I was wasting his time.... So this is a huge relief and I can't wait to show the guy this video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCM4kEzO8uc

I also had a bad bearing the last set https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7UTVI0nFU

1 hour ago, TEEKAY said:

I also had a bad bearing the last set https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7UTVI0nFU

Do you think the issue is bearing quality? Or bracket design/location? The passenger side axle I have installed right now is from "Sur-Track" and barely a year old. I'm thinking in my case, when I hit that frost heave, the oil pan and engine moved a good amount and torqued the hell out of the bracket which in turn torqued the hell out of the bearing. I'll see if there is any visible damage when I replace it.

I'm debating giving Raxles a try, heard good things. 

I think both of mine were Cardone select. The ones with the bad bearing were probably 2-3 yrs old. I couldn't say if I over tightened it though.

CARDONE SELECT 669229 (66-9229) (Rock auto) FRONT LEFT
CARDONE SELECT 669230 (66-9230) (Rock auto) FRONT RIGHT

If you get the ones that aren't select, the ones with A1 Cardone, I think they are the reman ones? but also take a core. I'm told if they get back their own "select" as cores they just throw them out.

Found out why I could not start the car the normal way with my key....

Rear arms in with the superpro poly. Would have been a super fast job however there's always something... one of the bolts were seized to the bushing sleeve and had to sawzall / dremel the bolt.

fBJoLxah.jpg

SGJ11JFh.jpg

cYqnbObh.jpg

NbHBuulh.jpg

Did a battery re-localisation to the trunk and upgraded to Optima yellow top battery and up-sized the cables.

1 hour ago, Ninjasixsixsix said:

Did a battery re-localisation to the trunk and upgraded to Optima yellow top battery and up-sized the cables.

How was the routing? I know Adam has a post/pics somewhere.

I followed the wire harness along the driver side:

work in progress_6

Well RIP in pepperoni.... My SRS module glitched and Need to replace side's airbag to pass inspection... sadly this is too expensive for my old car to repair, so I opened a new tread in the sell and trade section for a part out. If you want anything PM me

On 4/19/2017 at 5:35 PM, Ninjasixsixsix said:

Found out why I could not start the car the normal way with my key....

Is that your vid? I'm dealing with the same stuff right now. Hitting a yard tomorrow to grab a few bits. Pulling the ignition switch right now to start. If I angle it this way it'll start but turning off, you don't get that final "last click".

Gonna grab a few switches and that inner arm from the lock assembly.

On 6/9/2017 at 1:32 PM, TEEKAY said:

Is that your vid? I'm dealing with the same stuff right now. Hitting a yard tomorrow to grab a few bits. Pulling the ignition switch right now to start. If I angle it this way it'll start but turning off, you don't get that final "last click".

Gonna grab a few switches and that inner arm from the lock assembly.

My car died due to ECU failure, $1k gets you the whole car which includes the entire manual swap, KWs and full suspension, 3" custom exhaust, BBK, craters, spectras, roof racks, and good body panels, interior got flooded, you'd need to tow it, anyone interested can PM me