studum

What did you do your X40 today?

992 posts in this topic

That is super clean!  Good job!!

Glad to hear Seafoam pt2. got everything working good again for you, Xcites.  I wonder if Seafoam in other areas can help clean up a PCV system, hmm...

27 minutes ago, Phixion said:

That is super clean!  Good job!!

Glad to hear Seafoam pt2. got everything working good again for you, Xcites.  I wonder if Seafoam in other areas can help clean up a PCV system, hmm...

That'd be a bad idea, PCV plumbs back to the intake pre-turbo so you'd be putting it through the intake side of the turbo, that's a no-no

On August 7, 2016 at 6:37 AM, 33647_1450202331 said:

And chased codes for 6 months pouring additives in your fuel 😂

Part of being trial and error on old car.  First , found out my intake pipe was ripped. Second I know my fuel delivery had issues but wasn't sure which parts.

cheaper to clean it then pull out to send injectors for deep cleaning.  Beside , Seafoam the intake is only helpful then not doing it.

my only vague issue was didn't know if my O2 sensor was bad or not since I didn't get a CEL for that.  

9 hours ago, xcites40 said:

Still got SRS light

Yea that's actually a new one, took the passanger seat to recondition the leather about 3 weeks ago, had the windows open and it started to rain, no choice but to turn the battery on without the seat in and roll the windows up.  I'll take care of it today or tomorrow... maybe

Replacing axle seals and wheel bearings, decided i'm going to do sway bar bushings while everything is apart.  

Having trouble locking down the right size info on the bar on my 2000.  Everything i've seen points to it being a 17mm bar, but if i search 01+ i see 19mm bar for the front.  

Anyone know if an 01+ front sway bar will fit a 2000?  

Figured it out.  Here are part numbers for anyone with a 2000MY wondering about sway bars. 

found these on volvopartswebstore.com

17mm front bar 30884517 $119.61

19mm front bar 30864691 $111.25

If a larger fits and costs less, always go larger!  Unless there's a specific reason not to such as without proper reinforcement, a significantly larger bar especially at the rear can cause issues.  Of course going larger front without upsizing the rear could induce added understeer.  Have you decided which you're going to get?  As long as it's identical in shape, the 19mm should fit, of course you'll just need the larger mounts to go with it.  Not sure if something like Energy Suspension poly mounts for a 19mm bar would fit possibly saving some $$ in the process if they are cheaper than a pair of OEM mounts.  Plus the Energy bushings are grease able.  I've done this on other cars, but not my S40 when I had it.

well, chances are i'll be likely selling the V40 in the next few months since i just bought a new Mazda CX5 for my girl.  I'll probably just daily the 40 and park the S60 until i figure out what it is i'm gonna do.  Possibly consolidate the two cars and get something newer.  Would love to find an M66 VR

that being said,  i'll likely replace just the bushings on the front bar,  new wheel bearings going in, and new ball joints.  Get it aligned and call it quits.  Only other thing the 40 really needs is a new cat, which i will likely first gut mine and throw a spacer on the rear O2 and see how that works.  If it runs like crap i'll get a direct fit magnaflow so it stays carb legal and the next person can pass inspection.  

3 hours ago, 1clean00 said:

that being said,  i'll likely replace just the bushings on the front bar,  new wheel bearings going in, and new ball joints.  Get it aligned and call it quits.  Only other thing the 40 really needs is a new cat, which i will likely first gut mine and throw a spacer on the rear O2 and see how that works.  If it runs like crap i'll get a direct fit magnaflow so it stays carb legal and the next person can pass inspection.  

I'm catless 3", runs great and I can make all the homies on the corner duck when I let off and backfire it😂😂😂

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 8:59 AM, 1clean00 said:

Sounds like a good plan to me!  I'd hate to see the 60 go though, you have one of the nice ones!  Well built too.

Been awhile. Haven't done much to the s40 since the brakes. Rescued my moms 940 last night, coolant reservoir blew out. Filled her back up and rigged her fan ( hasn't been running even with new switch / relays ). Sacrificed my multimeter cord :(

LBu2zbih.jpg

well, change of plans.  I decided to keep the 40 as a daily driver so i can work on more T5 projects.

That being said, scrap what i mentioned earlier about repairing this thing on the cheap.  I ended up buying superpro sway bar bushings, 19mm, whiteline front lower control arm bushings (front and rear), and poly steering rack mounts from Superpro.  I also installed new ball joints, tie rod ends, and axle seals.  Just got the last of the bushings yesterday and pressed them in the arms this morning so it's all ready to go back together.  If anyone is interested in these bushings i got them from a U.S. company and they were delivered within 3-5 days of ordering, i can provide a link and part numbers. 

irX6IxD.jpg

93FWV59.jpg

XPIqu0H.jpg