studum

What did you do your X40 today?

992 posts in this topic

Finally got around to sanding/repainting my bumper where necessary, had two really bad spots with deep gouges. Also installed brand new headlight lens from URO on my black bezels... Front end is finally looking fresh B)

Changed driver and passenger seat belts, installed a 3'' hi-flow vibrant performance Catalytic Converters, installed Karl's old hybrid 14T/16T Turbo and turned down the wastegate's arm actuator two full turn to keep it safe until standalone ecu, stripped all black leathers interior from a very good condition S40 at the scrapyard  (I will swap with my Tan interior soon), planning to relocate the battery to the trunk with optima red top and cutoff switch for the track. Raised the kw suspension 1/2''....  alot more soon :)

all plastic trim, hazard switch, dash, seats,floor, belts, nuts and bolts, doors panels, fuel pressure regulator, camshaft sensor, throttle body sensor for 50$ that's a steal LOL

IMG_20160515_181545.jpg

IMG_20160515_181642.jpg

Replace my coil packs. Notice I got crack line  on both of them. Maybe that would explain my nagging misfire issue for couple months now.

Edited by xcites40

Found a ratchet / socket combo that fit just right for the front sway bar bushings. Got one in easy, the other was seized or in there real good. I'll have to revisit it with one of those fancy sockets for rounded bolt heads.

KEAzMJlh.jpg

gTrp6Euh.jpg

Looks like I might have accidentally put that poly in "backwards"? I would have preferred the slot to be on the rear :/

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:27 AM, xcites40 said:

Seafoam that oh yeah! by the throttle body suction.

That's the iffy way to Seafoam, isn't it??  Or at least the way that makes the most exhaust smoke...  How's it running now afterwards?

On June 27, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Phixion said:

That's the iffy way to Seafoam, isn't it??  Or at least the way that makes the most exhaust smoke...  How's it running now afterwards?

I will find out today. I just run it around the neighborhood for 5 min to clear out the smoke.

Installed front and rear wind deflectors on the V40. Purchased off UK Ebay. Brand is Heko. I am very impressed with the quality and fitment considering they're a lot cheaper than weathertech even with the added overseas shipping cost. They even came with these nifty metal clips that get sandwiched in between window and deflector, very cool and effective once you dial them in. 

Also decided to fiddle around some more with my Prosport mechanical boost gauge and finally have it set up the way I want. White during the day (when headlights are off) and then when I turn the headlights on the color changes to amber... I feel like an idiot but the reason I couldn't get them to work right before was because I wasn't turning the car all the way on, I was just turning the key as far as possible without starting car, and was perplexed as to why the color on the gauge wasn't changing when it should. Seems as though their is a specific voltage or signal that needs to be detected in order to get the proper change. 

I've had ProSport gauges before and it just needs like an ignition signal for one color, and say headlight signal for another.  I'm not sure if it's more of a voltage issue.  Nice to hear you got yours working to your liking though.  B)

On June 27, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Phixion said:

It seem to help much more than just putting in the fuel tanks.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:15 PM, xcites40 said:

It seem to help much more than just putting in the fuel tanks.

That's good to hear!!  Car running better now afterwards?

On 7/11/2016 at 3:41 PM, Phixion said:

That's good to hear!!  Car running better now afterwards?

Yeah, still not perfect but at least it is not misfiring at 4000rpm on WOT.  It still have some at 5500 rpm but i'm gonna run another can (via TB) after this fuel tank.

Edited by xcites40

That is nice man.   My car look like a beater compare to your.

change oil and put another Seafoam via TB route on sunday. Did a pull yesterday and it went smoothly up to 6000rpm. Seem to be back to normal now. Damn it feel good to feel the full boost again.

Edited by xcites40