tcode

My T4

382 posts in this topic

Wow, after a bit of use that manifold doesn't look as pretty as before!

iPhones are getting so small these days... :D

As long as it don't crack and seals 100%, I don't care how it looks like :D.

Interesting, most of the people think that iphone is (too) big :lol:.

Thanks!

Finish suspension upgrade (rear, front is done), make one config for E85 for a big power and finally break into 11 sec on 1/4 mile :).

HTA86 in :).

HTA86DPWG_2.jpg

HTA86DP.jpg

0.2 bar @ 3000 rpm

1 bar @4000 rpm

2.5 bar @5200 rpm

Not sure about those numbers, that's what I saw watching at boost gauge on a first test drive. Will make VEMS log soon..

Very nice! Will 2.5bar be the max boost? How much power you think it will push on that boost? :)

What is your rpm limit now, 8000rpm?

Edited by vulvas40t4

On E85 I'll probably go up to the 3 bar. Around 650HP on 2.5b I believe.

Yes, rev limiter is still set to 8000 rpm.Don't want to go higher with hydro lifters.

On E85 I'll probably go up to the 3 bar. Around 650HP on 2.5b I believe.

Yes, rev limiter is still set to 8000 rpm.Don't want to go higher with hydro lifters.

Hmm. How do you get 2.5bar and 650hp? On my engine i calculated 2.5bar should be about 525hp and with 3bar about 600hp on E85.

Stock intake manifold is causing restriction after 500hp, so improving that could help alot. Are you still using stock intake manifold?

Edited by vulvas40t4

I have dyno chart with measured 530+HP with GT3071R @2.3bar. HTA86 is more efficient turbo, so with more boost (2.5b) and E85 might get 650HP. Having OEM intake manifold but with larger throttle body and plate.

Cool. I'll take mine to dyno on a next Tuesday. Will dyno it for E85 too. Looking forward to compare ignition tables for E85 if you don't mind :).

Results? :) Also all data would be nice to see. Do you still use stock intake manifold?

This car will probably be parted soon, everything will be for sale. I'm willing to ship overseas but keep in mind that shipping large and heavy parts will cost a fortune. I'll make a detailed list with prices once my decision will be final (in a few days).

That's it. Volvo is replaced with this:

Z.jpg

Parts reserved so far: BBK, KW, VEMS with LCD and all sensors and harness, AFPR with fuel rail, Perrin EBCS.

Still for sale: awesome exhaust manifold with external 38mm WG, AEM CDI, FP HTA86 800HP+ capable ball bearing turbo, manual gearbox with Quaife LSD (can supply you with all stuff for conversion to MT), heavy duty clutch kit with single mass FW, suspension parts etc.

That car has one seriously capable engine (for tuning) and sweet soundtrack.

I might be interested in LSD (depends on your price).

Or do you sell it only with GB?

what bearings are those?

There are bearings on a diff. You will probably damage them trying to take them off the stock diff and put them on Quaife. I'm selling LSD with bearings on, meaning less headache for you.

Totally doubt it's in my price range but how much would you charge for the MT with all the necessary stuff for a swap?

$1500 plus shipping, which would be probably too much because it weights a ton :(.

vulvas40t4 wrote on Sun, 26 November 2006 17:16

Great you find cams. icon_smile.gif My plan is to take the original rods and clutch to limit and thats enough for me. So about 280-300hp. icon_smile.gif More than 300hp and you need to swap clutch and rods. icon_sad.gif 18T is fine for about 300-320hp with these cams. Phase 2 maf is enough for 340hp.

You plan sound very good but if you dont want to swap those rods and clutch then you might want to thing about 18t. icon_wink.gif

tcode wrote on Mon, 27 November 2006 00:26

Yup, I am aware of stock clutch/rods limits and I don't intend go further than 300HP too. Is 18t easier to adapt on stock mainfold?

Was reading old tread and found that XD.... made me LOL.