Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fire

'98 V70R gear shifter assembly

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Just bought a '98 V70R with almost exactly 150k as a new daily driver, and I'm loving the car so far. It's in very decent shape for its age, some neglected maintenance we had to resolve, and it looks like it's going to need a new MAF sensor. The only other issue it has right now is the shift interlock isn't working - I have to push the override button next to the shifter to get the car out of park. The problem appears to be the switch inside the shifter assembly. Since that looks like it's had a rough life to begin with (the little gear indicator panel is loose and sliding around, for example) my mechanic recommended seeing if I can pick up a used shifter assembly rather than paying full price for the little switch plus labor for the teardown work to get to it. Since I noticed that a number of you folks are doing or have done auto-to-manual conversions on these, I suspect that a number of you have these assemblies sitting around gathering dust. So I figured I'd ask - anyone willing to sell a working '98 V70R gear shifter assembly at a decent price? Or does anyone have tips on where I should go looking for one?

Thanks!

Just ripped my perfectly working shifter out the other day, I know this post is OOOLLLDD but it's all yours if you still need one!