Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GlennKorec

2005 S40 S40 T5 transmission Problems

7 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Recenlty purchased a 2005 S40 T5 with auto transmission. Car was shifting hard between grears, dealer re-programmed computer with no sucess, then did a flush with no sucess. The problem now includes hard downshifting, and when stopping at a light, it seems about 1-2 seconds after comming to a complete stop the car lurches forward, as if i was rear-ended. A few times, I almost hit the car in front of me. the car as 101K miles. Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Glenn korec

i'm not trying to pass the buck here but you might get some better results at.

30forty50.com.

your sign in here, should work there also.

Mike.

Ihatespeedbumps, that exactly my problem...problems with transmission and Power sterring, the dealer told me there was MANY odes in the TCM, they reset the TCM, the power steering is working great, the transmissión is a little bit better, but still having annoying behaivor.

Can you help me?

Ihatespeedbumps, that exactly my problem...problems with transmission and Power sterring, the dealer told me there was MANY odes in the TCM, they reset the TCM, the power steering is working great, the transmissión is a little bit better, but still having annoying behaivor.

Can you help me?

Did the dealer mention any TCM odes being stored?

Post up all the codes if you can, this will be a great starting point. Did any specific event trigger the harsh shifting condition?

When the car is cold the transmission works perfect, at the time I lower the speed , like in to 2nd and 3rd the problem start. At low speed like in traffic it´s when I feel the problem. I don´t have the codes, because the dealer erase them all. My question is: Can it be a mechanical problem even if it works great when cold?

Yes, it can be a mechanical problem even when it's cold. My experience with misbehaving 5spd autos (like yours) is they typically shift great when cold and act up when the fluid get closer to the 90 deg C mark.