Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ubareddition

thinking of getting a v70r....mod questions

23 posts in this topic

hey guys im new on here. im thinking of getting a 2004 v70r in the future. my best friend has a 1998 saffron v70r and my other friend his brother has a 1995 850 turbo wagon with a t5 ecu swap.

my question is can you swap a XC suspension on to an R? im looking for more ground clearance.

im a decent mechanic. ive swapped transmissions and done almost everything there is to do on a car. so the technical side is not the issue. is it physically possible. are the struts compatible. will it mess with the dampening system. will i have to swap the cv"s as well because of the extra lift?

thanks in advance.

Devon

because its what i want. i want to be able to go from a XC setup in winter to a R setup in summer.

You plan to swap the suspension back and forth every winter/summer? If thats the case get the R and go with a coilover system or a air assist system from KW. Will be a little more up front but will make your life easier.

This is absurd

not really absurd, i wish i could raise my car in the winter and lower it in the summer. Though i do enjoy sometimes plowing the street of ice chunks and debris with the low front end during the winter.

im looking for more ground clearance.

Though i do enjoy sometimes plowing the street of ice chunks and debris with the low front end during the winter.

I'm confused, you just contradicted yourself.

not really absurd, i wish i could raise my car in the winter and lower it in the summer. Though i do enjoy sometimes plowing the street of ice chunks and debris with the low front end during the winter.

I'm confused, you just contradicted yourself.

while yes i did from my own post (joke), what does the other guys post have to do with mine?

ok thats deffinatly cool but its only 45 mm of lift at max. thats only like an inch and 3/4 i think if my math is right. a xc70 has like 8.2 inches of ground clearance or 210mm. im not sure what an R has. but im sure its less than a base model v70 which is 5.3 inches or 134mm.

134mm+45mm= 179mm<210mm thats a difference of 31mm or an inch and a fifth. so the xc 70 setup is definatly higher even after that specific lift kit.

on a side note does this site have a mobile app for android. id be more active if you did.

on a side note does this site have a mobile app for android. id be more active if you did.

Iphone only at this time, but the mobile skin will support everything except image upload.