Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

volvoracer06

Who makes a Good tuning kit for the R

11 posts in this topic

You are right on the verge of needing major work.

Right out of the gate I would add some kind of active cooling to the differential. Obviously the turbo will need changes, Rods should be ok, as long as your 400 number is more likee 410 not 490. Same goes for the crank and block. Look at a better intercooler, bigger turbo, full exhaust, and chip. That alone should take you up to 350hp range. See if you are happy or at least close to happy. If not prepare to drop money.

ya i got a full 3 inch turbo back with no cat. ive also put a K&N intake. im looking at an elevate tune package. my buddy has the devise to do the tune for me. and once im done with that i plan on get a FMIC. ive already found the one i want. below is the intercooler that i want to buy. what do you think else i should do? and btw the low 400's is what im looking more reasonable than a 490. i want to daily it

http://www.phuzzymotorsports.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1

Have a time frame? I am not a fan of Evolve after they blew up a couple cars a while back. I know lucky is working on ME7/9 but its a ways off. There is standalone but you need this to me street legal. Personally I would focus on the turbo first then ECU. Do you plan to replace the manifold or just turbo?

havent decided. im kinda in a time crunch bc my car is running like stuff with the computer messed up with there being not cat in the exhaust. that damn bottom o2 censor is messing everything up for me right on.

You are right on the verge of needing major work.

Right out of the gate I would add some kind of active cooling to the differential. Obviously the turbo will need changes, Rods should be ok, as long as your 400 number is more likee 410 not 490. Same goes for the crank and block. Look at a better intercooler, bigger turbo, full exhaust, and chip. That alone should take you up to 350hp range. See if you are happy or at least close to happy. If not prepare to drop money.

Same question for V70R MY05 model year 2004.

Intercooler+downpipe+ecu for most effect and still durability?

And

kit like this http://www.phuzzymot...d=9&review=read and add RICA tune or something ?