Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyfishing3

Benefactors update

26 posts in this topic

In an attempt to update the BENEFACTORS group, I've added a few categories and added an option thats been asked for.

On LIFETIME subscriptions, you will now gain the ability to edit your posts at any time. You will still have the signature of being edited, but you will be able to edit.

In the SMALL BUSINESS subscription, you will be able to post in the FOR SALE area just like the OLD WAY. You will also be able to edit a post at will. There will also be a signature of the edit.

There will be a change to the BENEFACTORS icon to show your different levels.

If you are currently listed as a Benefactor, this will not change, but you will have the ability to upgrade. I am crediting ALL existing Benefactors $30.00 as a good will gesture. I was not given records as to who gave what and when.

http://v70r.com/forums/index.php?app=subscriptions

I believe this addresses some of the changes wanted.

Ok not bad, but Mike you did not show anypne the way to do this!

"On LIFETIME subscriptions, you will now gain the ability to edit your posts at any time. You will still have the signature of being edited, but you will be able to edit".

NOWHERE

"In the SMALL BUSINESS subscription, you will be able to post in the FOR SALE area just like the OLD WAY. You will also be able to edit a post at will. There will also be a signature of the edit".NOWHERE

Meanwhile

NOT COOL AT ALL

AGAIN, (I guess you need to be reminded again) this is not VS which is THE ONLY SITE on the fracking planet where ya member can't edit his or her own post at least right away right away unless you PAY :angry:

You're going to piss everyone off again and be back at square numero uno

Ok not bad, but Mike you did not show anypne the way to do this!

"On LIFETIME subscriptions, you will now gain the ability to edit your posts at any time. You will still have the signature of being edited, but you will be able to edit".

NOWHERE

"In the SMALL BUSINESS subscription, you will be able to post in the FOR SALE area just like the OLD WAY. You will also be able to edit a post at will. There will also be a signature of the edit".NOWHERE

Meanwhile

NOT COOL AT ALL

AGAIN, (I guess you need to be reminded again) this is not VS which is THE ONLY SITE on the fracking planet where ya member can't edit his or her own post at least right away right away unless you PAY :angry:

You're going to piss everyone off again and be back at square numero uno

and frankly becauseof too fast typing as many of us do, if you don't put that back I'm done here.

Email me and let me know when the 10 minute edit button is back

and frankly because of too fast typing as many of us do, if you don't put that back I'm done here.

Email me and let me know when the 10 minute edit button is back

You might as well just come out and honestly say that V70R.com was purchased to bolster the site and statistics of VolvoSpeed.com and it's corresponding auction site.

You've purchased this site (for how much I'd like to know)... ignored the previous donations made by existing members. This is what I would technically deem, poking lame. Do not want.

You might as well just come out and honestly say that V70R.com was purchased to bolster the site and statistics of VolvoSpeed.com and it's corresponding auction site.

You've purchased this site (for how much I'd like to know)... ignored the previous donations made by existing members. This is what I would technically deem, poking lame. Do not want.

In all fairness... I've not been around on this board posting nearly as much as other members... so perhaps my opinions aren't that valid. I do read alot here, though. Just wish things didn't change.

Previous dontations made by existing members would be considered Investments by the previous owner (to keep the site running, for operating costs, upgrades, or whatever) if there were to be any "Return" on them (besides the fact that the site was running previous) that would be up to the Previous owner, Not Mike.

He's also Commented that he was changing the for sale section, and that there was something else better coming along.

Just because Jim isn't Happy with the current site does not mean that this was all a scheme to raise the number of hits on VS/VS Auctions.

Previous dontations made by existing members would be considered Investments by the previous owner (to keep the site running, for operating costs, upgrades, or whatever) if there were to be any "Return" on them (besides the fact that the site was running previous) that would be up to the Previous owner, Not Mike.

This I understand now. The idea of additional charges just kinda sucks.

He's also Commented that he was changing the for sale section, and that there was something else better coming along.

Just because Jim isn't Happy with the current site does not mean that this was all a scheme to raise the number of hits on VS/VS Auctions.

However, this I do not agree with. Things were fine with the for-sale forum. I do not believe the forwarding to the VS/VS Auctions was simply for the better good of sales in terms of more exposure. If this was the case, my previous comment for having both would have been seen and accepted. That was met with a "maybe, but it'll cost ya."

I just wanted a for-sale forum that had a sense of community. It feels very good to help other volvo owners and strike good deals with people through a forum style interactivity. This is not the case with say... eBay. Strictly business end of things... which severely lacks a sense of community.

I will stop ranting on this subject as everyone seems to dislike me for doing so. So yeah. Nuff said. Peace.

OK, I'm not going to do quotes and break down the individual comments.

What i paid for the site is nobody business.

I don't know what many of you do, but I'm in sales. I don't know jack about computers and writing CODE. I thought IT meant it.

I wanted the site because I'm just an enthusiast and believe i can do some fun things on it. Believe me, this is not going to be a profit center in my life. I just want to break even and maybe get a part or two before anybody else.

Being in sales, I hope I understand trying to sell a product. Selling a used DP is hard at best and limiting yourself to only my site here is foolish. I want as many people as possible to have my product cross their computer screen. If you've clicked the FS link feed, you will now notice another site is tied in. As a buyer/seller you now have access to three of the better VOLVO dedicated websites. Don't believe that is where this might stop either.

I'm not sure if its distaste towards chuck that has many upset. When I took on this challenge, chuck was involved in helping me. Again, I had no idea what a DSN transfer was and quite frankly, I needed help. VOLVOSPEED is a very successfull site and is a great resource. If somebody doesn't like the site, don't go. Since I've taken over ownership here, I haven't seen one blow up or stupid thread yet thats leaked over from any other site.

Carlisle is coming up and I have some exciting things coming up for that.

The For sale area WILL not revert back to whatever it used to be. If anybody wants to post like the old way, it is now an option.

Benefactors have not lost a thing. There are two types of benefactors.

1. Post count hits a certain level you become a BENE.

2. Financial support is the other.

Quite frankly, some financial BENE were only 1 or 2 year members. The way i have it set up, they wont lose status ever.

Lifetime BENE aren't losing anything, so an argument here is pointless. I've ADDED OPTIONS that were desired.

Not sure how giving EVERY BENE a credit is ignoring them. You still have BENE under your name.

The facts are this: The FS area traffic is way up. The site traffic is way up. I have an IMPORTANT new sponsors also.

If anybody has any other concerns or questions, lets take this to PMs.

thanks

Mike.

Mike, please know I harbor no distaste for you or Chuck. As far as I can tell, you're both nice guys.

The distaste you do sense is people making decisions without consulting those who support the site. I was extremely active on VS in the for-sale forums before the switch to the auction site. The auction site is so impersonal. You're right though.. it's sales. When Chuck just made the auction site... it left me and others saying "WTF and WTF did I pay you for?"

When VS had succumb to those who were scamming others, I thought it was a great loss for it as a community. Now V70R has the for-sale forums moved over in the name of sales... which means in the sales of statistics. If I were in your position, your steps do seem logical. I'd seek assistance from Chuck too, as he obviously does good work.

However, you can tell me that the redirect to VS auctions is for the "greater good," but it just doesn't seem that way to me. It seems like it's for the greater good of VolvoSpeed Auctions and sponsor banner hits.

Where I believe I may be at fault is my personal feeling about donating to sites like this and Volvospeed. Whether it be 5 dollars or 75 dollars... when you have people donate to a site as a whole, it's a communal effort and I viewed everyone almost as stock holders in the site. Granted, some changes need to be made with leadership in mind and not everyone will be happy. Then again... sometimes those things can be handled much better and aren't.

Good luck with the site Mike... I do hope it rewards you. Sorry for my rants.

-Lucas

Sorry for my rants.

-Lucas

na, its cool, your questions might help others get answers they couldn't find.

The For sale area WILL not revert back to whatever it used to be. If anybody wants to post like the old way, it is now an option.

Mike, Please clarify

To Kurruption, Chuck IS a dickhead

Mike, Please clarify

***********Business Member Small Company 1 Year

1 years vendor status for any company with 4 or less employees. For Sale Posting Access ** Ability To Edit Posts 1 Year 300.00 USD

ability to post in FS just like the old way, ability to EDIT posts at any time(no expiration time)

Regarding the FS section, Mike you still don't seem to get this.

To post a for sale, you MUST be a member of VS, an option some may not want!

***********Business Member Small Company 1 Year

1 years vendor status for any company with 4 or less employees. For Sale Posting Access ** Ability To Edit Posts 1 Year 300.00 USD

ability to post in FS just like the old day, ability to EDIT posts at any time(no expiration time)

I'm not paying you $300 a year, are you nuts?

I sell now maybe 2 to 4 Rs a year now PPUS I don't even pay that to SS, a site with 3000 times the members who are interested in ALL types of Volvos to buy.

Did you ever see me post an XC for sale here?

Maybe once in my life!

I've sold exactly one car off this site

I'm not paying you $300 a year, are you nuts?

I've sold exactly one car off this site

You asked for something, i gave it to you.

you've only sold a single car off this site, why are you complaining then? i mean really,

If you sold 15 cars, i might feel sorry, ONE CAR.... ONE CAR. I can't believe your making this ruckis over a singe sale.

I'm not even going to entertain this discussion over your single car.

i edited out a post. above.

To post a for sale, you MUST be a member of VS, an option some may not want!

but YOU are....

I guess i wasn't clear enough in some of these posts.

The FS is completely stand alone. YOU DO NOT have to be a member of VS, 30,40.50 to make a FOR SALE POST.

To Kurruption, Chuck IS a dickhead

To JRL, Hey I thought we were friends. After I took you in and all..... Well sorry you feel that way, but I wish you and your family the best. I am sure you will warm up to Mike he is a good guy. Well, cheer up big guy. Change is always hard but you are smart and well thought of so I am sure you will adjust fine with a little time.

To Mike, Thanks for the admin account. I will try to get those changes done ASAP.

To JRL, Hey I thought we were friends. After I took you in and all..... Well sorry you feel that way, but I wish you and your family the best. I am sure you will warm up to Mike he is a good guy. Well, cheer up big guy. Change is always hard but you are smart and well thought of so I am sure you will adjust fine with a little time.

To Mike, Thanks for the admin account. I will try to get those changes done ASAP.

I've (personally) known Mike for years, he's generally a good guy but has been swayed to the dark side .

I'v never had a problem (not have we ever have even spo-ken) with you until you posted (on VS) that crap Mike sent, which give both of you some serious miuns points.

The pair of you need to act like adults, you both run websites that are not geared exclusively to teenagers!

and now that we can't edit our own posts here anymore I can't even correct my typos..... :angry:

and your new avatar is so mature. ;)

I guess I still feel the same, you really are a total, complete dickhead.

Mike I wish you well, I think you have made a big mistake.

now you're tied hand and ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD over heels with VS, something I think I can say that most here will not want.

Do you really think that the Volvo establishment needs TWO Volvospeeds? (which is what you just cemented today)

I guess i wasn't clear enough in some of these posts.

The FS is completely stand alone. YOU DO NOT have to be a member of VS, 30,40.50 to make a FOR SALE POST.

and for the 10th time YOU DO.

If you go to for sale, here, it asks for your VS membership,and to sign up, BEFORE you can enter the "for sale forum BS"

I apologize, you changed that within the past hour!

and for the 10th time YOU DO.

If you go to for sale, here, it asks for your VS membership,and to sign up, BEFORE you can enter the "for sale forum BS"

I apologize, you changed that within the past hour!

Not sure what you were seeing but it never required VS membership. VS membership is not even accepted at that site. I have kept them 100% standalone for just this reason. The members tables are not even on the same server.

Is that the 2nd or 3rd time today you have called me a dickhead? Do you know any other words?

I apologize again

YOU STILL NEED TO JOIN V/S TO POST A FOR SALE and Mike please stop telling us you don't!

You click on the for sale, it goes to "that site" :angry: , you click "SELL" and (DUH) it asks for your VS log in so don't continue to fool yourself (and us).

Is that the 2nd or 3rd time today you have called me a dickhead? Do you know any other words?

Of course, but the site will censor them!

Look man, YOU started this.

I never had a problem with you, heck we never spoke, but you had to post that crap on VS.

Personally if it stayed there I couldn't have given a crap as I don't care what the children think, but since it was cross posted, to a site where YOU do not access, I do care.

Whether or not you think it's OK and funny is not important, it's not and not and as you are (allegedly) a grown man, you are supposed to take care of your members not inflame them.

This is what you don't understand and one day, maybe not now or soon, but one day will seriously bite you in the ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

I see what you are seeing. It is pulling the sites title as the place holder for login. For sale and Volvospeed are totally seperate. Just like VS and V70R is. For Sale runs on its own database and is only called Volvospeed for sale because I cannot think of a different name to move it to its own domain.

Look man, YOU started this.

I never had a problem with you, heck we never spoke, but you had to post that crap on VS.

Personally if it stayed there I couldn't have given a crap as I don't care what the children think, but since it was cross posted, to a site where YOU do not access, I do care.

Whether or not you think it's OK and funny is not important, it's not and not and as you are (allegedly) a grown man, you are supposed to take care of your members not inflame them.

This is what you don't understand and one day, maybe not now or soon, but one day will seriously bite you in the ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

You have so much anger. You need to find help as we all worry about your stress level. All this pinned up frustration is going to give you a heart attack. I am not sure what has you so worked up in life, but please get help as we all worry about you. If you need to talk I am always here for you as I am sure other members are. Hypnotoad should be praised, but first comes your mental health and well being. Please take care of your self my friend.

I've (personally) known Mike for years, he's generally a good guy but has been swayed to the dark side .

Wait a minute... no one told me light sabers were involved. This changes everything!!

Man, I am away for a while and the entire site changes, non-estates are everywhere, there appears to be a shiite storm about subscriptions going on that I don't even understand yet, Flyfishing3 has taken over the site (although, to be fair he was a major content contributor ;-) and Rob is no where to be seen. Plus JRL seems more unhappy than usual. And I thought selling Volvo to the Chinese and officially ending the Volvo Wagon line up was bad enough!

Damn!

Ehh, whats up Doc?!?

And Mike, I could have sworn you lived in Florida, not PA, was I just hallucinating about that ?