Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black-6-Speed

Stereo? HU 850 or HU 803

10 posts in this topic

I had a guy with an S8 tell me he thought the 850 in my car was as good if not better than the upgraded Bang & Olufsen (sp?) he paid for....if that helps.

depends on what you want.

the 803 has a little better bass for some reason.

the 850 is a little more user friendly.

also the 803 has hidden menus that let you totally fine tune the stereo to yourself.

from talking with people they tend to like the 803 better. its really up to the individual i guess.

the both stereos rock though. in a wagon you can get a sub woofer from volvo also.

I've had both.

I liked the 803a bit better for the above stated reasons but the 850 is quite decent

Yes! thats what I wanted to hear because I just ordered a 2004 S60R, with a 6 speed manual from washington state, Ill post a picture when it gets down here :P

also the 803 has hidden menus that let you totally fine tune the stereo to yourself.

from talking with people they tend to like the 803 better. its really up to the individual i guess.

the both stereos rock though. in a wagon you can get a sub woofer from volvo also.

Isnt the speaker covering in the dash a sub? Even in the S60?

I am looking at getting a S60R 2005 model. Is there a pre-out on both radio's? I have a JBL aktive sub that I wanted to install, but I of course need a line out to get the signal into the unit...

How do you access the "hidden menu" in the 803 :)