Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bulldzer

2005 V70R & extended warranty : New believer in V70R needs some he

5 posts in this topic

Hello. My 2005 V50 T5 AWD was recently totaled and I am out shopping for it's replacement. I was really close to buying a 2007 version of my old car but had the chance to drive a 05 V70R with a manual tranny and am smitten.

The V70R is a 2005 model with 53K on the clock. It seems immaculate and well taken care of (owner fixed the angle gear issue for example). My only concern is owning a Volvo without a warranty. Is there a way to purchase an Volvo version of an extended warranty for this car? For some reason I have a memory of not being able to buy a Volvo version after 48K and about 4 years.

Maybe I am being too cautious but I had an extended warranty on my V50 and it sure seemed to pay for itself.

Thanks in advance for any help.

My 05 has an extended warranty but is only a year longer and up to 140 000 kms. I can get another extended warranty before this one is up too. Could be a Canadian thing though.

dup

An extended warranty is easy to come by. I rolled the cost into the loan from my credit union. You just pick the level of coverage and the deductable to pay and viola, covered.

If you have the option to get a warrantee I'd take it. I bought a dealer based package.It has paid for itself x3 already and still has 18 month left to run. - see my earlier post today.

Bob.

I ended up buying a warranty through my local Portland dealer from National Warranty Company. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night fearing mechanical failure and huge bills. I really dig my car by the way (except for the turning radius). Thanks to all.