80 posts in this topic

Congratulations! I have a ways to go, my 04 is just under 35K miles. :huh:

Doug H

post-2563-1212464317_thumb.jpg

Completed break-in at 1am last night.

Any other club members yet?

-Mark

Wow, how's she running? I'm catching up, I just hit 53,000 in my '06

Nice work - I am almost half way there 41,000 miles.

What would be interesting would be a summary of the 'notable' items and experiences over the miles since you have had the car...

Trent

The car is running really well right now and still very tight. I put a bunch of money into her in January to get everything up to snuff and she has been very reliable. She typically gets out for ~60+ miles/day.

I've only had the car for 20K miles. Since then I've had to replace the AWD collar gear, angle gear unit, a rear wheel bearing, driveshaft CV joint and some computer module (can't recall of the top of my head). Previous owner had to do many of the common tasks such as brakes, wheel bearings, axle ping, remove driveshaft braket for rain squeal, etc.

Yes, I plan on keeping her and the timing belt will be coming up soon. I also expect the clutch will put a dent in my pocket sometime before 150K. Other than those two items, we'll have to see what goes next. Shock/Struts I may just do with the timing belt later this year.

Compared to my '91 740 turbo s/w, she is running much smoother and tighter for the mileage.

-Mark

Edited by mark

Wow, how's she running? I'm catching up, I just hit 53,000 in my '06

Geez Alex - I'm catching you up - just got my 1 year anniversary letter in the same week I passed 20,500...

Wow. My 06 VR is 2 years old and has a whopping 32k kms (20 k miles). Even my 1970 P1800 only has 89k miles. Where are you driving? We may have to call you Irv.

Geez Alex - I'm catching you up - just got my 1 year anniversary letter in the same week I passed 20,500...

Well, I'm 53,500 and I've only had the car in the USA for 18.5 months :angry:

My 2006 V70R only has 5,112 miles so far.......!

However, my 1995 Camaro Z28 has 114,000 miles on it and it's still running strong with no oil use and everything still works but the climate control lights which have been out for several years now.

However, my 1995 Camaro Z28 has 114,000 miles on it and it's still running strong with no oil use and everything still works but the climate control lights which have been out for several years now.

I hope you have a groovin mullet to go with that Camaro :angry: That VR is going to be a great used car buy for someone down the road..

Am exactly a month away from her first birthday and we've logged 17,850 miles to date. I'm figuring 20K/year for the next 5 and really glad to hear that your car is tight and strong at 100K...gives me hope

Well, I'm 53,500 and I've only had the car in the USA for 18.5 months ;)
I have only done 36k since Dec '06, but I don't have a job to go to. -mk

I just passed 3,000 with my '07 V70R. Engaged in possible sale, and the buyer drives 150mi/day!! So if sale goes through, he'll put more miles/ month than I have in 14 months! Buyer is not AlexD.

:lol:

I just passed 3,000 with my '07 V70R. Engaged in possible sale, and the buyer drives 150mi/day!! So if sale goes through, he'll put more miles/ month than I have in 14 months! Buyer is not AlexD.

:lol:

Gasp! Selling your '07? Why?

Gasp! Selling your '07? Why?

Simple scenario right now:

+ I found an '08 AMG wagon, drove it, loved it...

+ Dealer offered me $35,000 on my trade,

+ But then a former colleague offered $40k as he is getting out of his leased S60R as he wants a clean R wagon

+ And then a private seller of '07 AMG wagon just called y'day cutting his ask price to $70k... so I'm on the fence this weekend

By Monday, I'll be done torturing myself. I expect to keep the R b/c as you see, I don't drive enough to justify a garage queen. That's especially true since we're in the process of getting our garage re-built.

Five years ago I wouldn't have spent more than 2 minutes thinking this all over, and would have just gone for the AMG. What to do...

Cheers

post-2991-1215317561_thumb.jpg

Still Purin like a kitten at 224K on the 04 V70R -yah thats me driving like im elderly to save a few bucks

Completed break-in at 1am last night.

Any other club members yet?

-Mark

Still Purin like a kitten at 224K on the 04 V70R -yah thats me driving like im elderly to save a few bucks

That's awsome!

TM - Incredible. Can you tell us what you have done in terms of service and repair? Timing belt? Shocks? I guess driving like you're elderly can work!

bill in nj

post-2991-1215317561_thumb.jpg

MILES??? :lol::P